Sunday, November 29, 2015

What Kind of Traveler am I?


  • I love trying new and different things, but things that are new and different to me.  For example, you might think that everyone rents a golf cart in Catalina Island! Well, guess what, I never have.  So *BOOM*, I'm going to do it!
  • I don't care much for prepared/packaged tours, so if possible I steer away from them and make my own adventure.
  • I'm not a foodie, but I love food.  So, I might mention a restaurant or recipe, but don't expect me to tell you if the arugula was locally sourced.
  • I try to be frugal and I will do my best to provide any money saving tips and expensive mistakes to avoid for my readers.  For example, if you're renting a motorbike in Thailand (God be with you!), rent from the hotel where you're staying.  Many other rental places demand your passport and charge you more.  Our hotel already had a copy of our passport and only charged us 250 Thai Baht a day, which converts to about $8.
Virabhadrasana III - Warrior III on top of Camelback Mountain

  • My husband and I are fitness oriented, so we love to stay active on our vacations.  Believe me, more often than not, I need a vacation after my vacation!

We SCUBA, snorkel, snowboard, hike, wake board, kayak, stand-up paddleboard, golf, run, mountain bike and yoga.  Yes, I am that person you see strike a yoga pose randomly for a picture.


  • I have a background in biology, an interest in astronomy and grew up loving Jeopardy, so I might geek out on nature, stars and trivia.  Rarely do I talk about history, politics, religion or art unless it has something to do with nature, the universe or an interesting factoid that you might need to store away for your next Trivia Tuesday night.

If you are this kind of traveler, follow me, friend me, and subscribe to my blog.  I'm also open to suggestions for places to go and things to try.  Check out the poll at the bottom of this blog to vote where I should go in January.

The world is our oyster and YES, do we love oysters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment