Thursday, October 4, 2018

My New Happy Place

Just two days after moving to Manly, I decided to go on a hike and explore.  That's how I found my new happy place just 1.2 miles away.

View from My Happy Place of the northern beaches from left to right:  Manly, Fairlight, Curl Curl

South of Manly beach and up the hill past Shelly Beach is a rocky path which takes you up into the cliff.  If you take a left from the main trail you'll find a perfect alcove along the cliff with a bench.


This is where Trenton and I stopped for lunch to watch the whales.  Two whale watching ships were already out there checking out a few humpbacks.  The season in New South Wales goes from May to November, so this is the time the pods are heading south with their new babies.

A not-so-little Water Dragon kept us company the whole time.  The woods had a few of these guys scurrying about.  We also saw a couple Australian Brush Turkeys.

It has been cold and drizzling for the past couple days, but this morning there was a break in the rain.  So I took the chance to get back to my happy place.  The alcove is sheltered from most of the wind and the rain so I took a quick break to watch for more whales.  I am seriously in love with this place.  It's so different and a world away from Chippendale and the Central Train station.





No comments:

Post a Comment