Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Curl Curl Beach

Move in day is tomorrow!!

But this past week, we stayed at one more airbnb to check out another Northern beach called Curl Curl.  You would think it's named this because of the curls of the waves that make this one of the best surfing beaches, but it's actually derived from a variation of the original Aboriginal name.  Say that 5 times fast...original Aboriginal...

Two things I learned about surfing so far:
1.  Surfers will leave their keys in the wheel well of their car when they go surfing
2.  Other, smarter surfers will actually have a combination lock box attached to the door handle of their car.  Maybe he was a realtor and had extra lock boxes.  This is a great idea for runners/hikers that don't want to carry the extra weight of their car key on them.

The weather this past week hasn't been great.  It's been raining most days and I left our one umbrella on the ferry last night. Ugh!  But at least Monday cleared up enough so that I could do some exploring and yoga on a cliffside.

There's a loose leash dog area at the north end of Curl Curl beach where dogs can frolic in the lagoon.


North of Curl Curl beach is a nature walk trail that takes you into a headland which you can follow down to the ocean pool.  I didn't realize there were so many ocean pools in Australia.  I don't think this is a thing in the states.  I stopped on a landing overlooking the pool to get my Om on.  You can definitely feel one with everything here.


I hiked on up the headland and took a few more pictures and a video!




Of course I'm missing Arizona.  I get small reminders of it sometimes.  Like the lantana grows everywhere here and I see this bird that reminds me of the quail that run around my neighborhood.  It's actually called a crested pigeon.





No comments:

Post a Comment