Monday, September 3, 2018

Seven Things I'll Miss About Arizona

In just one day, our family starts the long journey to Australia.  We leave behind a home we've lived in for 13 years.  But what we have ahead of us is a year living on the beaches of Sydney.  Here's a list of the 7 things I'll miss about Arizona.

7.  The hiking.  It's no secret, I've been on many hikes here in Arizona.  My favorite ones being Havasupai Falls.  My trail shoes are coming with me to collect some mud from the Southern hemisphere.

6.  My job.  Yes, I actually liked my job.  But last week was my last day at work.  I had my going away party at...wait for it...Outback Steakhouse!!  I gave my team lead a going away gift of a boomerang to remind him that I might be back.


5.  The cactus.  Basically, the desert landscape, flora and fauna.  Nowhere else will I find Saguaros that tower over you whose blooms attract the bats at night, or the calming red rocks in the vortices of Sedona.  I'll miss seeing the roadrunners, coyote, occasional javelina and bob cats.  I guess I'll be trading those in for kangaroo, koala, huntsman spiders, wombats and wallabies.

4.  The sunsets.  Seriously. A. May. Zing.  And the sunrises are even more spectacular!



3.  This house.  As I said earlier, we've lived here for 13 years.  My youngest is 15 now, which means, this is the only house he's ever really know.  This is basically the last night we'll ever be sleeping in this house.  This video was taken this morning when we painted over the wall that marked Trenton's growth throughout the years.  When we move back next year, we will most likely continue to rent this house out and downsize into something new.


2.  My Marley.  The red tape, cost and quarantine to bring our best friend with us is not worth the trauma that this sweet little pup will have to go through.  Our friends will be taking care of her while we're gone.


1.  These two.  They are 27 and 22 now with adult lives of their own.  I will miss them the most.  This will be the hardest to leave.  Hopefully, they will come to visit in January and before we know it, our year abroad will be all over.

1 comment:

  1. This was so beautiful and heartfelt. I will miss knowing you guys are right around the corner :)

    ReplyDelete